The Website Design Process at Studio Liz
The infographic below illustrates 6 key steps to the web design process, starting with:
- Discovery: A conversation is started between a potential client and the web designer. This phase is all about information gathering and asking questions to understand a customer's needs.
- Planning: Your website design will be more successful with careful planning. Now is the time to develop an SEO strategy, develop good high quality content, keyword/keyphrase planning, and create a site map.
- Design: A wireframe is first created to map out the basic structure of the website. Then a mock up is created which pays careful attention to the content and information developed so far. Images, color and overall look and design of the website will need to be approved by the client. It is important that the design not only looks good but translates into code well.
- Development:This is when all the design and content is translated into actual code and the site is tested and optimized. It is important to keep the client informed of progress since this phase can be lengthy.
- Launch:In order to launch the website many checks need to occur; error checking, link checking, social media checks, image optimization and much much more. These checks are critical to launching a successful user friendly website.
- Post launch: A website requires maintenance, regular updates to existing content or adding new content, SEO, hosting, and more, in order to promote and attract visitors and potential customers.
At Studio Liz careful attention is paid to every step of the web design / development in order to ensure your 100% satisfaction. The websites I make are code compliant with W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards for HTML and CSS. Where ever possible I follow the W3C recommendations to making the Web accessible to people with disabilities, and to creating user friendly websites. Learn more about W3C standards.